Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where have all the cowboy hats gone?

The great thing about Lust & Gore Hardwear is that the stuff we make just makes you feel BADASS when you wear it. I can't say enough about fashion that just makes you feel good about yourself. New Rock boots and Lucky Brand jeans have the same magic for me. Our cowboy hats seem to have the same attention grabbing capability as an amazing tattoo. People will stare and do double-takes. When I wear our stuff, they don't comment to my face, though. I have a somewhat unapproachable presence -- I think people are intimidated by me. Good. That's what I go for. People talk to Lusty, though. They dig her Lust & Gore to her face. That is a good sign. Lust & Gore or not, cowboy hats are just cool. They have enough attitude and confidence to make a boring person interesting. Customize that with a little rock n' roll hardware a la Lusty and Aurora and a boring person wouldn't dare even put it on. That's the thing. Our gear makes a person badass, but, for the most part, unless someone is already authentically hardcore, they won't even put it on. Self-marketing products . . .

I am making a list of events that Lust & Gore Hardwear wants to market and sell at. We are thinking tattoo conventions, concerts, motorcycle events, rodeos, gun shows, art shows, and the like. We have some heavy metal, hardcore heat to spread the word about while putting a little coin in our pockets. If you have any ideas, please send them our way. We'll probably stay in the Phoenix area this year. If business takes off, we'll go worldwide next year, spreading derby love with Lust & Gore style. Can you say "Rollercon"?

No comments: