Monday, November 17, 2008

Easygoing Vengeance Mutha Fucka

So the bout is over. It was the throwdown, knock-around, hit-the-ground, bloodlusting derby everybody anticipated and then some. The "and then some" came from the unfortunate douchiness of some of the fans. There was kicking, holding, and throwing of fashion accessories from the crowd, along with a display of complete bonerism from a woman I am quite certain was not skilled enough to actually make the Dames bouting team. That aside, or aside as it can be put, I had quite a few fans approach me spewing compliments about the excitement of the bout. With a final score of 15-0 (in favor of the Dames) the compliments were not just blowing smoke. Bruised and battered, I can't necessarily say the bout was good derby, but it was a hard-fought, apparently fun to watch battle. And, I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you with certainty that that bout will ultimately make me a better skater. Vengeance is a powerful motivator.

No comments: